Infrared Sauna Benefits Include a Relaxing and Comfortable Atmosphere for Stress Relief.
High daily stress levels can have a deteriorating effect on our physiological and emotional system. Numerous medical studies have documented the negative effect that stress can have on our overall health and wellness. (5)
The relief of stress is one of the most important sauna benefits because high levels of stress have been linked to a high number of other maladies. Far infrared sauna use is an effective and healthy method for eliminating stress and reducing mental and emotional tension. One of the first differences you will notice during your sessions is a profound sense of relaxation throughout the entire body as irritability decreases and taut nerves and cramped muscles respond to the deep heat.
The far infrared sauna helps to reduce physical stress by boosting blood circulation and stimulating the production of endorphins, the “feel good” hormones. This stress relief technique has a warm soothing effect and will provide an immediate benefit to tightened and knotted muscles, leaving you feeling relaxed, refreshed and invigorated. (1)
Sauna Benefits to the Nervous System
The human nervous system consists of two divisions: the Voluntary and the Autonomic. The Voluntary System controls movement, cognition and sensation.
The Autonomic System is divided into two branches:
- The Sympathetic system (fight or flight system) is catabolic, which means it tears down the body, since this energy is used to prepare for defense, rather than for nourishment and regeneration. (2)Most people who are not well have exhausted their sympathetic system. Restoring balance to the autonomic nervous system is a key ingredient to maintaining and healing all health conditions. (2)
The majority of people today live in “sympathetic dominance” which fosters excessive worry, fear, anger, and resentment. A person in sympathetic dominance may talk, think, eat or work at an excessive pace which can result in a toxic and nutritionally depleted condition.
- The Parasympathetic System is anabolic and is concerned with rebuilding the body. Its nerves stimulate digestion, the immune system and the eliminative organs. (2)
An Easy, Simple and Powerful Method to Eliminate Stress and Tension
Use of your home infrared sauna engages the Parasympathetic branch of our autonomic nervous system, which is responsible for nourishing, healing and regeneration of the body.
Improving peripheral blood circulation, decongesting the internal organs, the production of Heat Shock Proteins (rebuilds damaged cell structures) and balancing of the body’s pH all occur when the body is in Parasympathetic activity. (2)
Regular use of your personal infrared sauna is an ideal method to maintain proper balance of the body’s nervous system and develop a responsible mental and physical health regimen. (4)
So experience the stress relief benefits of saunas by Rocky Mountain Saunas. We have several home infrared sauna models to choose from.
Read about more Sauna Health Benefits
References on Benefits of Saunas Regarding Stress Relief
(1) Tribune Business News, p.l. Piller, N. (1999, September). The scientific basis and therapeutic benefits of far infrared ray therapy. Health Food Association, 1-7.
(2) L. Wilson, M.D., Author of ‘Sauna Therapy for Detoxification and Healing’. Wilson Consultants, Inc. 2003
(3) Hrnjak, M., 1985, The effect of infrared irradiation on the human body, Arh Hig Rada Toksikol., 36(2)(June):201-18.
(4) Siewert, C., H. Siewert, H.J. Winterfield and D. Strangefield, 1994, The behavior of central and peripheral hemodynamics in isometric and dynamic stress in hypertensive patients: treatment with regular sauna therapy, Z Kardiol., 83(9)(Sept):652-7.
(5) Winterfield, H.G, H. Siewert, D. Strangefield, H. Warnke, J. Kruse, U. Engelmann, 1992, Potential use of the sauna in the long-term treatment of hypertensive cardiovascular circulation disorders – a comparison with kinesiotherapy, Schweiz Rundsch Med Prax., 81(35)(Aug 25):1016-20.
Far infrared has a multitude of studies related to the overall benefits and treatment of chronic maladies and conditions. For more information please call our Customer Service Hotline at 1-888-358-1270 for courteous straight answers to your questions and to find out about our personal sauna specials. Knowledgeable professionals available Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm Mountain Standard Time.
Rocky Mountain Saunas and its associates do not provide medical guidance. Consult a doctor for medical advice. All of the information contained in this article is for information purposes only. We reserve the right to change, without notice, anything contained within the article.