Bulletproof Your Immune System with Infrared Sauna Use
As the body rids itself of accumulated toxins through regular deep sweating, the immune system’s function grows noticeably stronger. Heating the body increases white blood cell activity. Raising the core temperature of the body disables harmful heat-sensitive microorganisms, eliminating many infections, viruses and reducing asthma, breathing and allergy symptoms. (4)
A Far Infrared Sauna Session is a passive cardiovascular workout that delivers increased amounts of healing oxygen to every part of your body: brain, lungs, heart, ligaments, tendons, muscle, soft tissue, every blood vessel, and each capillary. Increased amounts of vital oxygen are delivered directly to the areas that need it to function at their optimum level. (5)
According to the University of Southern California’s Dr. Jeffrey Spencer, “Far Infrared wavelengths penetrate the body to create heat, which creates profound therapeutic benefits. They increase blood flow to the muscles, delivering more concentrated oxygen, which creates more energy to heal.”
As the body becomes more detoxified through regular Far Infrared Sauna Therapy, the body’s resistance to common colds, flu bugs, allergens, and seasonal viruses is dramatically improved. As we decrease the amount of our toxic load, accumulated over the years, it makes good common sense that our bodies are more empowered to heal themselves.
Radiant Heat Can Destroy Harmful Germs
By deep heating the body with radiant heat, the infrared sauna is able to raise the core body temperature by 2 – 3 degrees F. This elevated body temperature acts as an induced fever, and the heat itself can destroy harmful germs and bacteria. (3)
Fever increases the body’s resistance level to disease and combats infection. By increasing the body temperature, more leukocytes (white blood cells) are released into the bloodstream, where they attack harmful microorganisms and deprive them of the nutrients they need to survive. (1)
There are several types of leukocytes present in our blood and lymphatic systems, and each category is effective in combating different bacteria, fungi, parasites, allergic reactions, and inflammatory responses. Lymphocytes make antibodies that bind to pathogens to enable their destruction. (2)
Natural Healing Processes Reproduced
By creating an “induced or artificial fever,” infrared saunas are able to reproduce the natural healing responses our bodies use to keep us healthy. Regular infrared sauna regimens will help you to defend yourself against all of the seasonal allergy and flu bugs that make the rounds every year.
Read about more Sauna Health Benefits
INFRARED SAUNA IMMUNE SYSTEM REFERENCES
(1) Maton, D., Hopkins, J., McLaughlin, Ch. W., Johnson, S., Warner, M. Q., LaHart, D., & Wright, J. D., Deep V. Kulkarni (1997). Human Biology and Health. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, USA: Prentice Hall. ISBN 0-13-981176-1.
(2) Alberts, B. (2005). “Leukocyte functions and percentage breakdown.” Molecular Biology of the Cell. NCBI Bookshelf. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
(3) Soszyński, D (2003). “The pathogenesis and the adaptive value of fever.” Postepy higieny i medycyny doswiadczalnej 57 (5): 531–54. PMID 14737969.
(4) Barone JE (August 2009). “Fever: Fact and fiction.” J Trauma 67 (2): 406–9. doi:10.1097/TA.0b013e3181a5f335. PMID 19667898.
(5) Dr. A. J. Adams, International Institute of Holistic Healing: What is Far Infrared Therapy and How Does it Work Toward Healing the Body? (www.drajadams.com/SaunaDomeInfrared…)