Color Therapy – Chromotherapy
It is a well-known fact that color plays a major role in establishing a particular mood or state of mind.
Colors are certain wavelengths of electro-magnetic energy seen through our eyes. The actual color that we see is the part of the visible spectrum that is reflected back by a certain object.
When all the colors of the rainbow are combined, the result is white light. Working with the different spectrums of White Light can create completeness, or a harmony and union of all complementary parts.
Colors affect us in different ways:
Color is one of the languages of the soul.
- Color influence our mood and emotions.
- Colors have an impact on our sense of well-being or un-easiness.
- Using and avoiding certain colors is a way of self-expression; it reflects an aspect of our personality or mood.
- Colors affect our sense of perception (light colors make a space look big, a high ceiling looks less high when painted in a dark color, etc.)
- Colors have a symbolic meaning which is recognized by our sub-conscious mind.
- Colors influence the flow and amount of energy in our bodies.
True healing comes about when the cause of the condition or illness is addressed and transformed. Our Body is an outward expression of that which is taking place within the mind, the soul (subconscious) and the spirit (super-conscious) of the individual. In healing, colors act as balancers: we administer the color(s) someone needs more of, or we give the opposite of the color someone has too much of.
At Rocky Mountain Saunas we utilize the seven colors of chromotherapy light in our saunas: