How does Far Infrared Light heal the human body?
First, it is important to understand that Far Infrared Light Waves, specifically tuned to the human body’s resonant frequency, work through a process called Direct Light Conversion. This means that light energy enters the body, penetrating up to three inches deep, and is converted to heat. This action is also called Radiant Heat because it heats the body directly, not the air around the body.
Exposing the body to Radiant Heat increases the body’s natural homeostatic responses which include: accelerated peripheral (blood vessels close to the skin) blood flow and improved circulation, vasodilation of blood vessels, oxygenation and toxin removal from muscle and fatty tissue. This anabolic response triggers the autonomic nervous system to nourish, heal and regenerate both physical and emotional health conditions. * (3) (5) (7) (9)
How Does Infrared Heat Heal the Human Body?
- Infrared Heat warms all the tissues, joints, bones, ligaments and tendons in a particular damaged area. Increased blood flow and vasodilation brings needed nutrients, hormones, and healing oxygen to the damaged area while draining off cellular waste products.* (1) (2) (12) (15)
- Damaged cells which cause pain have a negative electrical charge. Far Infrared Energy reverses the electrical polarity of the affected cells very quickly and pain sensations are noticeably reduced.* (17)
- Infrared Heat causes tissue expansion in the damaged area which relieves pressure on the affected area, thereby reducing pain. As the muscles relax from the heat, tension subsides and a soothing relaxed feeling is readily noticeable.* (6) (7)
- Radiant Infrared Heat rebalances and nourishes the enzymes in Synovial Joint Fluid which help keep joints healthy, flexible and properly lubricated. * (7)
- Far Infrared Energy activates Arginine in the body to create an increased supply of Nitric Oxide (NO) [not Nitrous Oxide… that’s Laughing Gas!] in the blood which enables the hemoglobin to deliver higher concentrations of healing oxygen and nutrients to injured cell areas! Nitric Oxide (NO) relaxes artery walls and expands blood vessels and capillaries, which helps to maintain normal blood pressure. It is a free radical scavenger that lowers serum cholesterol and prevents ‘bad’ LDL from oxidizing and becoming worse. Nitric Oxide is used by different immune system cells to kill bacteria, viruses and even shrink some cancerous tumors. *(2) (18)Nitric Oxide stimulates the body into releasing its own human growth hormone, which is a key to Longevity. Lean muscle mass and bone density are boosted while decreasing fat tissue. Insulin regulation, increased rate of healing, long term memory and adequate blood flow to the brain are all characteristics of Nitric Oxide in the body. *(18)“Nitric Oxide is a beneficial neurotransmitter in the brain and peripheral autonomic nervous system which causes all the muscles and body systems to relax causing the body to become unstressed and relaxed.” according to Harper’s Biochemistry, 24th Edition, Chapter 58.
Pharmacologists, Robert Fuchgott, Louis Ignarro and Ferid Murad won the Nobel Prize in 1996 for their work regarding the effects of Nitric Oxide in the human body. There are more than 10,000 Clinical Studies on Nitric Oxide.
“In my 25 years of research, I have never seen a molecule [like Nitric Oxide] that so pervasively influences normal and abnormal body functions.” – Dr. Solomon Snyder, Director of Neuroscience, John Hopkins Medical School
- Stretching during your Infrared Sauna Session produces elongation of muscles, ligaments and tendons which will have a residual effect allowing you to have more body flexibility and increased range of motion. This is very useful in warm-ups for athletic endeavors and helps to minimize the time needed to heal from injuries.* (8)
- Ischemia ( localized tissue anemia due to lack of arterial blood flow) manifests itself in chronic knotty muscles and muscle spasms. Infrared Hyperthermia causes blood vessel vasodilation and increased blood flow to difficult areas, reducing pain, expanding constricted tissue and relaxing muscle areas and eliminating muscle spasms at the source.* (8)
- Radiant Infrared Heat eliminates pain sensation via direct cause and effect on free nerve endings, tangled nerve ganglia and peripheral nerves. Infrared Hyperthermia increases endorphin production which negates pain signals sent from the nerves in the spinal column.* (6) (8) (16)
- Infrared Sauna Therapy has a wonderful effect on the skin and complexion. Remarkable Results for Acne conditions are achieved through purging the acne causing bacteria and excess skin oils through rigorous sweating. Facial Lines begin to diminish and Crow’s Feet fade away. Pores are unclogged ridding the skin of dirt and waste accumulated over the years. Enlarged pores become smaller. Age Spots fade and eventually disappear. Eye Bags and Dark circles under the eyes clear due to improved circulation. The complexion takes on a distinctive, healthy glow and your facial skin and hands become smooth and soft.* (3) (5) (6) (7)
- As the body is detoxified through Infrared induced expulsion of toxins via sweating, kidney and bowels, the Immune System is noticeably strengthened! Increased white blood cell production helps ward off viruses, harmful bacteria and germs. Enhanced cardiovascular activity and peripheral blood circulation keep veins and arteries flexible and help eliminate plaque and cellular waste. As the body’s pH level becomes slightly alkaline, disease and infections cannot multiply. Since the body no longer has to fight off an unmanageable toxic overload, accumulated over time, it can function at an optimum level of cellular healing and disease prevention. Regular Infrared Sauna Therapy has proven to be one of the fastest and most efficient methods for ridding the human body of heavy metals, acids, and hazardous toxin waste accumulated over time from polluted air, water and food. * (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (16) (17)
- Dr. Sasaki Kyuo, M.D., has done extensive research on the therapeutic uses of Far Infrared Therapy. She is the author of “The Scientific Basis and Therapeutic Benefits of Far Infrared Ray Therapy” which is an extensive and documented treatise on the clinical effects of Far Infrared Therapy.
- Dr. Aaron Flickstein, D.C., states that “Observations from our research studies indicate that far infrared rays provide energy to the body, improve the autonomic functions of the nervous system, restore the functions of the endocrine system, strengthen the immune system, improve blood circulation and increase the level of oxygen in the cells and promote the regeneration of muscle cells, nerves and brain cells.”*
Read about more Far Infrared Sauna Health Benefits
*Rocky Mountain Saunas and its associates do not provide medical guidance. Consult a licensed doctor for medical advice. All of the information contained in this website is for information purposes only. Results of using our products vary on an individual basis and no immediate permanent or guaranteed solutions can be provided. We reserve the right to change, without notice, anything contained within the article. Rocky Mountain Saunas shall not be held responsible for printing variations.
Far Infrared Healing REFERENCES
(1) Cohn, J.R. and E.A. Emmett, 1978, The excretion of trace metals in human sweat, Ann Clin and Lab Sci., 8(4):270-274.
(2) Czarnowski, D.J., J. Gorski et al., 1991, Excretion of nitrogen compounds in sweat during sauna, Pol Tyg Lek., 46(8-10)(Feb. 18-Mar 4):186-187.
(3) Dritschilo, A., et al., 1981, Therapeutic implication of heat as related to radiation therapy, Semin Oncol., 8(1)(March):83-91
(4) Ernst, E., P. Wirz, T. Saradeth, 1990, Regular sauna bathing and the incidence of common colds, Ann Med., 22(4):225-7
(5) Gard, Z.R. and E.J. Brown, 1992-1999, History of sauna/hyperthermia; Past and present efficacy in detoxification, Townsend Letter for Doctors, June 1992:470-478, July 1992:650-660, Oct. 1992:846-854, Aug-Sept 1999:76-86.
(6) Hrnjak, M., 1985, The effect of infrared irradiation on the human body, Arh Hig Rada Toksikol., 36(2)(June):201-18.
(7) Inoue, S. and M. Kabaya, 1989, Biological activities caused by far infrared radiation, Int J Biometeorol, 33(3)(Oct):145-50.
(8) Kaderavek, R., 1971, Absorption and heat transport during application of infrared radiation, Fysiatr Revmatol Vestn., 51(1)(Feb):14-20.
(9) Kihara, T., et al., 2002, Repeated sauna treatment improves vascular endothelial and cardiac function in patients with chronic heart failure, J Am Coll of Cardiology, 39(March 6):754-759.
(10) Krop, J. and J. Swierczek, 1987/1988, Patient with severe intractable asthma, urticaria and irritable bowel syndrome: Response to sauna therapy, Clin Ecology, 5:136-139.
Krop, J., 1998, Chemical sensitivity after intoxication at work with solvents: response to sauna therapy, J Altern Complementary Med., 4(1)(Spring):77-86.
(11) Kukkonen-Jarjula, K., and K. Jkauppinen, 1998, How the sauna affects the endocrine system, Ann Clin Res., 20(4):262-6.
(12) Lovejoy, H.B., Z.G. Bell, T.R. Vizena, 1973, Mercury exposure evaluations and their correlation with urine mercury excretion: 4. Elimination of mercury by sweating, J Occup Med.,15:590-591.
(13) Niwa, Y., O. Lizawa, K. Ishimoto, X. Jiang, T, Kanoh, 1993, Electromagnetic wave emitting products and ëKikohí potentiate human leukocyte functions, Int J Biometeorol., 37(5)(Sept):133-8
(14) Rea, W.J., Y. Pan, A.R. Johnson, 1991, Clearing of toxic volatile hydrocarbons from humans, Bol Asoc Med P R, 83(7)(July):321-4.
(15) Schnare, D.W. and P.C. Robinson, 1985, Reduction of hexachlorobenzene and ploychlorinated biphenyl human body burdens, Int. Agency for Research on Cancer, WHO, Scientific Publication Series, Vol. 77, Oxford University Press.
(16) Wyss, V., 1966, On the effects of radiant heat on different regions of the human body. Behavior of cardiocirculatory and respiratory activity, oxygen consumption, oral and skin temperature during infrared radiation of different areas in acclimatized and non-acclimatized subjects, Med Lav., 57(4)(April):262-85.
(17) Zelentsova, S.P., 1968, Immunobiological reactivity of the organism under the effect of the interrupted infrared irradiation, Varach Delo., 12(Dec):88-91.
(18) The Nitric Oxide Solution by Bryan, Zand and Gottlie Neogenis, Austin, Texas, 2010
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034373_nitric_oxide_health_longevity.html#ixzz2VlZWtovP
Wilson, L., Sauna Therapy, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc., 2003
Yamazaki, T., Science of Far Infrared Wave Therapies, Man and History Co., Tokyo, Japan
McVicker, M., Sauna Detoxification Therapy, McFarland & Co., Jefferson, NC, 1997
Rogers, S.A., Tired or Toxic, Prestige Publishers, 1990. (Also Detoxify or Die, 2002)
Kukreja, R.C., ed., Heat Shock Proteins in Myocardial Protection, Landes Bioscience, 2000
Rocky Mountain Saunas is the Ultimate Value in Infrared Saunas. 360 Degree Infrared Exposure using Nano-Carbon™ Technology = the Largest and Most Carbon Heater Panels in Every Sauna Model = Maximum Results in Less Time!! Precision Handcrafted Quality in a Commercial Grade Infrared Sauna at Affordable, Factory Direct Prices. More Standard Features, Full Service Lifetime best infrared sauna Warranty, Free Shipping and a 90 Day Risk Free Trial/ Money Back Guarantee.
Thank you for considering Rocky Mountain Saunas for your Commercial or Residential Infrared Sauna purchase. We hope this information has been helpful. If you should have any further questions, Please call us at 1-888-358-1270 during regular business hours.